The role of an export sales officer is important for any organization to increase its profitability by broadening its horizons and reaching the customers from different countries. While doing so, they ensure that they retain the existing customers. Thus, the export sales officer responsibilities are of great significance when any business organization needs to expand its business, thereby increasing the profit margins.
Core Responsibilities :
- Export sales officer is responsible for generating and enhancing the sales of the products in other countries.
- They make sure that the products are made available in the international markets by analyzing the trends of the customers and developing sales plans and strategies to meet their needs.
- The basic and the most important step is to identify new business opportunities by tapping the potential customers from different countries.
- To plan, design, develop and implement different sales activities by researching the customer's needs and requirements.
- To make sure that the existing clients are retained and maintained while developing the new customers.
- To ensure that the all the sales and marketing activities are carried out within the agreed budgets, volume, sales, and within the given time scales.
- To take initiative and efforts to develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the export procedures and activities.
- To constantly review distributor's performance and monitor their work, so that relevant information can be provided to the management.
- Responsible for managing the sale of products or services to customers in other countries.
- Develop knowledge of the cultural, business and political background of the countries, responsible for, together with an understanding of consumer tastes.
- To look for new opportunities to sell to different international markets. Export sales officers build up and maintain good relationships with customers, agents and distributors.
- To make & maintain all the documents related from every enquiry to the order dispatch.
- Individual to be a resource, responsible to coordinate export trafficking functions, data entry, and document distribution duties associated with customer export shipments through BDP.
- Order Processing: Receive documents and initiate logging process, confirm data received is in compliance with all Custom requirements, process all documents in accordance with requirements, coordinate cargo availability and arrange pickup and delivery, and finalize billing and distribute documents as required.
- Shipment Status reporting: Review daily monitoring reports, ensure all measurements standards are met, and proactively report non-conformances.
- Prepare export declarations and related Bills of Lading in Ocean Exports.